Is PEP-8 a Code or More of a Guideline?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun May 27 10:45:02 EDT 2007

En Sun, 27 May 2007 10:20:49 -0300, Carsten Haese <carsten at uniqsys.com>
escribió:

> On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 07:30 +0000, OKB (not okblacke) wrote:
>>     	Underscores are harder to type than any alphanumeric character.
>
> This is a discussion about underscores versus capital letters denoting
> the word boundaries in identifiers. How is an underscore harder to type
> than a capital letter?

Underscores are not always easily available on non us-layout keyboards,
like \ and @ and many other "special" characters. A language that requires
more symbols than the 26 english letters has to make room somewhere -
keyboards usually have "only" 102 keys (or 105 nowadays).
Back to the style, I think that mixedCaseIsEnough to
determine_word_endings and looksBetter. alllowercase is hard to read.

--
Gabriel Genellina