Is PEP-8 a Code or More of a Guideline?

Steve Howell showell30 at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 11:04:21 EDT 2007

--- Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> Underscores are not always easily available on non
> us-layout keyboards,
> like \ and @ and many other "special" characters. A
> language that requires
> more symbols than the 26 english letters has to make
> room somewhere -
> keyboards usually have "only" 102 keys (or 105
> nowadays).
> Back to the style, I think that mixedCaseIsEnough to

Regarding the US keyboard, if you like chess:

  1) The right pinkie normally sits on the semicolon,
and if you shift it, you get a colon.
  2) Typing the "P" character is like moving a pawn up
one square (while shifting with the left).
  3) Typing the "[" and "{" is like capturing with the
pawn (one up, one over).
  4) Typing the "_" is like moving the knight (two up,
one over), as are typing the "]" an "}" (one up, two
over).