The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

Robert Uhl eadmund42 at NOSPAMgmail.com
Sat Jun 23 20:57:03 EDT 2007

Bjorn Borud <borud-news at borud.no> writes:

> for Emacs it would be far more helpful if the Lisp-implementation was
> replaced with one that is more efficient and Common Lisp-like.
> (indeed several friends of mine would like to see Emacs done in Common
> Lisp, and I seem to have some memory of such a project existing
> somewhere).

Agreed.  Stallman got sidetracked by Scheme, which IMHO was a dead-end.
A Common Lisp emacs would be pretty sweet.  There's a Climacs project,
but they're just focused on providing an editor, not on providing a
full-fledged emacs.

Cinder blocks: $100
Mortar: $30
A cask of amontillado: $300
The faint screams of a desperate PHB: priceless.  --O. Schwarz