The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

Bjorn Borud borud-news at borud.no
Tue Jun 26 10:52:54 EDT 2007

[Robert Uhl <eadmund42 at NOSPAMgmail.com>]

| Agreed.  Stallman got sidetracked by Scheme, which IMHO was a
| dead-end.

too many people buying SICP and believing what they heard about it
being an important book.  I too spent some time exploring Scheme, or
should I say, wasted some time, years ago, and nothing came of it
other than a profound irritation.  these people seemed to be
completely disconnected from reality.

Scheme, and thus Guile, might have been a viable path if these people
had only been practical instead of stubbornly insisting on being odd.

| A Common Lisp emacs would be pretty sweet.  There's a Climacs project,
| but they're just focused on providing an editor, not on providing a
| full-fledged emacs.

if nothing else, a proper Emacs in Common Lisp might give me a reason
to learn Lisp properly.

-Bjørn