I am giving up perl because of assholes on clpm -- switching to Python

brad byte8bits at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 16:33:07 EDT 2007

Martha_Jones at tx.net wrote:
> Python is a better language, with php support, anyway, but I am fed up
> with attitudes of comp.lang.perl.misc. Assholes in this newsgroup ruin
> Perl experience for everyone. Instead of being helpful, snide remarks,
> back-biting, scare tactings, and so on proliferate and self
> reinforce. All honest people have left this sad newsgroup. Buy bye,
> assholes, I am not going to miss you!!!
>
> Martha

Out of the pan and into the fire. :) Welcome to the world of Ph.D's in
Computer Science. You think the Perl guys have attitude, just wait and
see what you're in for over here. I think you'll find attitudes in any
programming language... just different types. May God have mercy on your
soul! You'll be making a similar announcement in a few weeks when you
switch to Ruby :) The cold, cruel theoretical, lofty Python will
mercilessly crush you :)

I'm just joking, OK.