I am giving up perl because of assholes on clpm -- switching to Python

David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus) dformosa at usyd.edu.au
Thu Jul 26 16:26:49 EDT 2007

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.lang.perl.misc.]
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:38:34 -0700, Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:

[...]

> you'd show off your community a bit
> better by entertaining even the most naive questions - people have to
> start somewhere, you know.

However asking a good question doesn't take that much skill.  And if
you have come to a p* language as your nth programing language then
you should have had developed thouse skills.  Indeed its a basic skill
that anyone who regards themselves as technologically litrate should
develop.

I have found that often the prerequisite steps for asking a question,
working out exactly what behavour I desire, the behavour I'm seeing
and then isolating the code to a minimum required to express the
problem, often helps me solve the problem before I even have to post.