Where do they tech Python officialy ?

Alex Martelli aleax at mac.com
Tue Jul 31 11:37:11 EDT 2007

NicolasG <nicolasg at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is that I would like to work as a Python programmer but
> all the job vacancies I can find requires a couple of years of
> professional experience ... that I don't have. How a wanna be
> programmer can start working as a programmer if there is no chance to
> start from somewhere ? That's the reason I created this topic.

Open source projects do not require previous professional experience to
accept volunteers.  So, one way out of your dilemma is to make a name
for yourself as an open source contributor -- help out with Python
itself and/or with any of the many open source projects that use Python,
and you will both learn a lot _and_ acquire "professional experience"
that any enlightened employer will recognize as such.  That will take a
while, but not as long as getting a college degree (and it will be far
cheaper than the degree).

Alex