Just Getting Started with Python on MS XP Pro

Jussi Salmela tiedon_jano at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 7 04:25:48 EST 2007

W. Watson kirjoitti:
> Thomas Ploch wrote:
<snip>

>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/
>>
>> I think this is the place to go
>>
>> Thomas
>>

> That gets me the python program (pywin), which I got from a URL in a
> post above (python-win.msi). I guess these are the same or at least just
> the interpreter, and do not provide the IDE-debugger. I can't get
> pythonwin, the debugger and IDE. The link was broken last night when I
> tried it. Well, let me try now. Nope, it still reports "Error 404: File
> Not Found"

I don't understand your difficulties. If you've got Python installed and
want to install the "Python for Windows extensions" aka pywin32, the
above link is the way to go.

Clicking it gets you to a Sourceforge page, where you can click
"download" which gets you to ap page where you can choose which version
of pywin32 build 210 you want. Choose the exe that was built for the
Python version (e.g. 2.5) you are using, download and run it to install
pywin32.

HTH,
Jussi