Just Getting Started with Python on MS XP Pro

W. Watson wolf_tracks at invalid.com
Sat Jan 6 02:54:14 EST 2007

Laszlo Nagy wrote:
> W. Watson wrote:
>> What do I download to use Python with MX XP Pro on an ASUS 4 year old
>> motherboard? I would guess a good book source for starters would be
>> the O'Reilly book.
>>
> You mean Microsoft XP Pro?
>
> For a beginner, the motherboard does not really matter. First of all,
> you should download Python itself:
>
> http://www.python.org/download/
>
> or more probably:
>
> http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.5/python-2.5.msi
>
> Then you should download a good editor. There are many, listed here:
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonEditors
> Under Windows, for a beginner, I would recommend pythonwin, but you can
> decide.
>
> Finally, you can start practicing. A book is always good. You can read
> online tutorials too:
>
> http://docs.python.org/tut/
> http://www.awaretek.com/tutorials.html
>

> Regards,
>
>  Laszlo

Many thanks. I've been impressed lately what one finds in Wikipedia. The
first such occurrence was when I find all the release dates for a photo
software package that I use. Not even the mfger had that!

              ""I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions
                and billions of years before I was born, and had
                not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."
                    -- Mark Twain (a nod to evolution)
--
                     Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>