Just Getting Started with Python on MS XP Pro

W. Watson wolf_tracks at invalid.com
Sun Jan 7 11:22:07 EST 2007

Jussi Salmela wrote:
> W. Watson kirjoitti:
>> Thomas Ploch wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/
>>>
>>> I think this is the place to go
>>>
>>> Thomas
>>>

>> That gets me the python program (pywin), which I got from a URL in a
>> post above (python-win.msi). I guess these are the same or at least
>> just the interpreter, and do not provide the IDE-debugger. I can't get
>> pythonwin, the debugger and IDE. The link was broken last night when I
>> tried it. Well, let me try now. Nope, it still reports "Error 404:
>> File Not Found"
>

> I don't understand your difficulties. If you've got Python installed and
> want to install the "Python for Windows extensions" aka pywin32, the
> above link is the way to go.
>
> Clicking it gets you to a Sourceforge page, where you can click
> "download" which gets you to ap page where you can choose which version
> of pywin32 build 210 you want. Choose the exe that was built for the
> Python version (e.g. 2.5) you are using, download and run it to install
> pywin32.
>
> HTH,
> Jussi
As I understand it, there are two files I'm after: 1. python interpreter,
and 2. a python editor. It's #2 that I'm having trouble downloading. The
link is broken.

              ""I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions
                and billions of years before I was born, and had
                not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."
                    -- Mark Twain (a nod to evolution)
--
                     Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>