Any python scripts to do parallel downloading?

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 00:40:13 EST 2007

On Jan 31, 9:24 pm, "Carl Banks" <pavlovevide... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, of all the things you can use threads for, this is probably the
> simplest, so I don't see any reason to prefer asynchronous method
> unless you're used to it.

Well, actually there is a reason why I prefer the asynchronous
approach even for the simplest things:
I can stop my program at any time with CTRL-C. When developing a
threaded program, or I implement a
mechanism for stopping the threads (which should be safe enough to
survive the bugs introduced
while I develop, BTW), or I have to resort to kill -9, and I *hate*
that. Especially since kill -9  does not
honor try .. finally statements.
In short, I prefer to avoid threads, *especially* for the simplest
things.
I use threads only when I am forced to, typically when I am using a
multithreaded framework
interacting with a database.

          Michele Simionato