Any python scripts to do parallel downloading?

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 08:14:18 EST 2007

On Feb 1, 1:43 pm, Jean-Paul Calderone <exar... at divmod.com> wrote:
> On 31 Jan 2007 22:02:36 -0800, Michele Simionato <michele.simion... at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Another thing I miss is a facility to run an iterator in the Tkinter
> >mainloop: since Tkinter is not thread-safe,
> >writing a multiple-download progress bar in Tkinter using threads is
> >definitely less obvious than running
> >an iterator in the main loop, as I discovered the hard way. Writing a
> >facility to run iterators in Twisted
> >is a three-liner, but it is not already there, nor standard :-(
>
> Have you seen the recently introduced twisted.internet.task.coiterate()?
> It sounds like it might be what you're after.

Ops! There is a misprint here, I meant "writing a facility to run
iterators in TKINTER",
not in Twisted. Twisted has already everything, even too much. I would
like to have
a better support for asynchronous programming in the standard library,
for people
not needing the full power of Twisted. I also like to keep my
dependencies at a minimum.

 Michele Simionato