Best Free and Open Source Python IDE

dimitri pater dimitri.pater at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 18:42:04 EST 2007

Hi,
the hunt for free Python IDE's is a never ending journey...
just make up your mind and invest some money in WingIDE. It is not *that*
expensive and in the end it will save you lots of time (=money) hunting for
the perfect "free" Python Ide. Just download the time limited free version
of WingIDE and see for yourself. I don't think you'll be disappointed, I use
it every day and it's a real time saver for my projects. And there is
another priceless feature, the WingIDE guys will answer every question in
the mailing list. Now, how's that?

regards,
Dimitri

On 2/9/07, Stef Mientki <S.Mientki-nospam at mailbox.kun.nl> wrote:

> Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> > Srikanth wrote:
> >> Yes,
> >>
> >> All I need is a good IDE, I can't find something like Eclipse (JDT).
> >> Eclipse has a Python IDE plug-in but it's not that great. Please
> >> recommend.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Srikanth
> >
> > try pida
> > http://pida.co.uk/index.php/Main_Page
> >
> nice idea to re-use components you already have.
>
> Which brings me to some other questions on waste:
> - isn't it a pitty so many people are involved in writing another editor /
> IDE ?
> - isn't it a waste for newbies to evaluate a dozen editors / IDE's ?
>
> What anser do we really give here ?
> Aren't we just telling the guy,
> what we've chozen (with our limited overview of our newbie time) ;-)
> (sorry, I also gave an answer ;-)
>
> Can't we persuade the next newbie, asking this question,
> to start some kind of wiki page,
> where the differences between editors / IDE's are listed ?
>
> Unfortunately he number of IDE's / editors is so large,
> a simple 2 dimensional array of features would become too large ;-)
> Maybe a first split would be the required OS ?
> Next split could be editor-features and IDE features ?
>
> just some thoughts,
> of a some months old newbie,
> Stef Mientki
> --

---
You can't have everything. Where would you put it? -- Steven Wright
---
please visit www.serpia.org