Best Free and Open Source Python IDE

Stef Mientki S.Mientki-nospam at mailbox.kun.nl
Fri Feb 9 14:56:03 EST 2007

Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> Srikanth wrote:
>> Yes,
>>
>> All I need is a good IDE, I can't find something like Eclipse (JDT).
>> Eclipse has a Python IDE plug-in but it's not that great. Please
>> recommend.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Srikanth
>
> try pida
> http://pida.co.uk/index.php/Main_Page

nice idea to re-use components you already have.

Which brings me to some other questions on waste:
- isn't it a pitty so many people are involved in writing another editor / IDE ?
- isn't it a waste for newbies to evaluate a dozen editors / IDE's ?

What anser do we really give here ?
Aren't we just telling the guy,
what we've chozen (with our limited overview of our newbie time) ;-)
(sorry, I also gave an answer ;-)

Can't we persuade the next newbie, asking this question,
to start some kind of wiki page,
where the differences between editors / IDE's are listed ?

Unfortunately he number of IDE's / editors is so large,
a simple 2 dimensional array of features would become too large ;-)
Maybe a first split would be the required OS ?
Next split could be editor-features and IDE features ?

just some thoughts,
of a some months old newbie,
Stef Mientki