fiber(cooperative multi-threading)

Michael Sparks ms at cerenity.org
Fri Dec 28 14:12:48 EST 2007

Bjoern Schliessmann wrote:

> Michael Sparks wrote:
>
>> All that said, my personal primary aim for kamaelia is to try and
>> make it into a general toolkit for making concurrency easy &
>> natural (as well as efficient) to work with. If full blown
>> coroutines turn out to be part of that c'est le vie :-)
>
> I must admit I mostly didn't follow this thread, but it sparked my
> interest in Kamaelia. I already did the MiniAxon tutorial and I
> plan to try out Kamaelia with a project I had discussed here a
> while ago (which I had to suspend until recently because of not
> enough spare time; it's about simulating complex relais circuits).
> Please continue the great work.

Many thanks for your kind words - the work is continuing :-)

Also, I'd be interested in hearing how your project gets on - it sounds
like the sort of thing that Kamaelia should be able to help with. (If it
doesn't/can't, then it's a bug IMO :)

> Regards & merry christmas everyone,
>

> Björn
>
> P.S.: In the MiniAxon tutorial, I noticed a formatting problem and a
> bunch of typos on one page but the feedback link doesn't work; are
> you interested in a list?

I'm always interested in feedback! The fact the feedback link doesn't work
for you is particularly useful - I'll look into that!

Best Regards,

Michael.