Adventure-Engines in Python

Tommy Nordgren tommy.nordgren at comhem.se
Mon Aug 13 08:43:12 EDT 2007

On 13 aug 2007, at 11.33, Wildemar Wildenburger wrote:

> Are there any?
>
> I've set out to make an adventure game and now I'm trying to find a
> set
> of python-modules to help me do that. I know of the usual non-python
> suspects (AGAST, AGS, Wintermute, ...) and while I they are really
> good,
> I'd like one that is cross platform.
>
> I've found pyScumm and pyAdv but both don't seem to be ready for use
> yet. So are there any "usable" engines written in python?
>
> /W
> --
	I don't know of any adventure engines in Python,
bet there is an open-source language and class library for text
adventures called TADS
(www.tads.org) The syntax is similar to C++ and Java.
Tads have been ported to ALL major platforms
This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren at comhem.se