Adventure-Engines in Python

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Mon Aug 13 08:12:02 EDT 2007

On Mon Aug 13 11:33:14 CEST 2007, Wildemar Wildenburger wrote:

> Are there any?
>
> I've set out to make an adventure game and now I'm trying to find a set
> of python-modules to help me do that. I know of the usual non-python
> suspects (AGAST, AGS, Wintermute, ...) and while I they are really good,
> I'd like one that is cross platform.
>
> I've found pyScumm and pyAdv but both don't seem to be ready for use
> yet. So are there any "usable" engines written in python?

It's been a while since I looked at anything like this, but I seem to
remember two Python powered engines: PAWS and PUB.

  http://py-universe.sourceforge.net/
  http://members.nuvox.net/~zt.wolf/PAWS.htm

If you want to write adventures with more graphics and less text, you could
do worse than looking at existing projects and solutions written with Pygame:

  http://www.pygame.org/

David