i am new to python-Please somebody help

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Aug 2 16:27:28 EDT 2007

"gregarican" <greg.kujawa at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1186081737.357371.232040 at i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
| On Aug 2, 12:58 pm, "Terry Reedy" <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:
|| > Sorry, I saw nothing rude in Steven's straightforward and indeed
polite
| > suggestion.  Your post, however, ....
| >
| > tjr
|
| Maybe it's just me but the word "grovelling" just doesn't ring of
| newbie friendliness. To each their own I guess.

I'll give you half a point here.  I have seen enough friendly, helpful
posts from Steven that I am predisposed to give a friendly interpretation,
especialy when additional helpful suggestions follow.  'Stop grovelling'
<send> *would* have been rude, but that is far away from what Steven
posted.

| Kind of like the
| Smalltalk list where a few respondents are really dry. Someone will
| post asking something like "Can I use Smalltalk to do X so that it
| talks to Y?" One guy (without pointing to a link or offering a
| snippet) just posts "Yes." I guess literally they have contributed. Or
| someone calls your house and asks, "Is so-and-so there?" You just say
| "Yes" and hang up on them :-)

I'll take the half point back here ;-).  "Yes <click>" is precisely what
Steven did not do, so it was *not* 'kind of like'.  He followed with a
useful suggestion and example link.

tjr