i am new to python-Please somebody help

Neil Cerutti horpner at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 15:38:15 EDT 2007

On 2007-08-02, gregarican <greg.kujawa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 2, 12:58 pm, "Terry Reedy" <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:
>> "gregarican" <greg.kuj... at gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:1186063842.827016.95030 at q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
>> | friendly than Python's. Your points are well-taken in how to properly
>> | post and how to do your own homework. Message correct. Delivery
>> | lacking...
>>
>> Sorry, I saw nothing rude in Steven's straightforward and indeed polite
>> suggestion.  Your post, however, ....
>>
>> tjr
>
> Maybe it's just me but the word "grovelling" just doesn't ring
> of newbie friendliness.

Maybe not, but it seemed to be a reasonable characterisation of
the subject line.

The only thing more valued than politeness on most programming
newsgroups is correctness.

> To each their own I guess. Kind of like the Smalltalk list
> where a few respondents are really dry. Someone will post
> asking something like "Can I use Smalltalk to do X so that it
> talks to Y?" One guy (without pointing to a link or offering a
> snippet) just posts "Yes." I guess literally they have
> contributed. Or someone calls your house and asks, "Is
> so-and-so there?" You just say "Yes" and hang up on them :-)

Those kind of replies are posted for the fun of it, and with the
knowledge that somebody else will feel less flip at the time and
probably provide real help.

--
Neil Cerutti
The pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing,