Generate report containing pdf or ps figures?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Apr 23 15:46:36 EDT 2007

On 2007-04-23, infidel <saint.infidel at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I've looked at ReportLab's documentation, but although it
>> appears to be able to use bitmap images (e.g jpeg) it doesn't
>> appear to be able to use vector images (EPS/PDF/SVG).
>>
>> Is there a PDF generation library that can place EPS or
>> PDF figures on a page?
>
> I've had great success using Apache's FOP utility (http://
> xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop) to generate PDFs out of XSL-FO, which can
> contain SVG graphics (at least the 0.20.5 version can, the newer
> rewrite version doesn't yet).  FOP is a java library but has a
> suitable command line interface.

Unfortunately, trying to bundle a Java installation with
my app is going to be harder than bundling Ghostscript or
LaTeX (the other two solutions that come to mind).

I should have mentioned it in my OP, but I need something
that's cross-platform (At least Linux and Windows), and not
difficult to bundle using something like py2exe.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I'm totally DESPONDENT
                                  at               over the LIBYAN situation