Help Understanding mx.ODBC Error

Greg Corradini gregcorradini at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:36:59 EDT 2007

Hello All,
A few weeks ago, I wrote two scripts using mx.ODBC on an Access DB. Among
other things, both scripts create new tables, perform a query and then
populate the tables with data in a dictionary that I've uploaded from
elsewhere. These scripts have run hundreds of times in the last few weeks
with no problems.

But recently they continue to bail on the mycursor.execute('An SQL
Statement') after the table has been created. I get the following error
message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\marv1shi\Desktop\Workspace\Existence
Script\DBF Checker\Access_SQL.py", line 35, in ?
curse.execute(sql)
ProgrammingError: ('07001', -3010, '[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access
Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 4.', 4612)

The real stinker, however, is that after it bails I can manually call
mycursor.execute('An SQL Statement'), then call my insert statement in the
Python Shell and it works fine.

I just can't figure out how to reconcile this problem. Has anybody run into
this before?

Thanks
Greg Corradini