Help Understanding mx.ODBC Error

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:08:32 EDT 2007

On Apr 18, 1:36 pm, Greg Corradini <gregcorrad... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
> A few weeks ago, I wrote two scripts using mx.ODBC on an Access DB. Among
> other things, both scripts create new tables, perform a query and then
> populate the tables with data in a dictionary that I've uploaded from
> elsewhere. These scripts have run hundreds of times in the last few weeks
> with no problems.
>
> But recently they continue to bail on the mycursor.execute('An SQL
> Statement') after the table has been created. I get the following error
> message:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "C:\Documents and Settings\marv1shi\Desktop\Workspace\Existence
> Script\DBF Checker\Access_SQL.py", line 35, in ?
> curse.execute(sql)
> ProgrammingError: ('07001', -3010, '[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access
> Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 4.', 4612)
>
> The real stinker, however, is that after it bails I can manually call
> mycursor.execute('An SQL Statement'), then call my insert statement in the
> Python Shell and it works fine.
>
> I just can't figure out how to reconcile this problem. Has anybody run into
> this before?
>
> Thanks
> Greg Corradini
> --

Normally too few parameters refers to the SQL statement not inserting
the proper number of items. An example would be to list 4 values and
only insert 3. See below for a pseudo-SQL statement:

INSERT into someDB (id, name, address, state) VALUES (value1, value2,
value3)

That should give the same error, I would think. You may need to check
if your SQL statement or the way your db is created has changed in
some way.

Mike