f2py on windows tutorials

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 16:51:15 EDT 2006

Flavio wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Compiling f2py extensions in Linux is a trivial task, You can even
> automate it with distutils. Now, in a Windows machine this does not
> seem to be an easy task. At least, I could not find any decent tutorial
> on how to do it.
>
> Is there a  way to do this? Can some one point me to a tutorial.,
> please?
>
> I have tried some approaches: mingw, xmingw (cross-compiling from
> Linux) and Python enthought edition (which is supposed to come
> preconfigured to enable people to use Scipy tools, such as f2py)
> Withouth success.
>
> Anyone out there knows how to do this? Anyone from the Scipy dev team
> care to document it?

<shrug> It's worked fine for me using Enthon (which comes with mingw and g77,
things you will need at minimum).

What versions of Enthon and f2py are you using?
What exactly did you try?
What errors are you seeing?
How are you trying to compile your modules, i.e. with just the f2py command or
are you building a setup.py file?
Did you pass "--compiler=mingw --fcompiler=gnu" to your build command?

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco