f2py on windows tutorials

Flavio fccoelho at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 09:58:10 EDT 2006

Hello,

Compiling f2py extensions in Linux is a trivial task, You can even
automate it with distutils. Now, in a Windows machine this does not
seem to be an easy task. At least, I could not find any decent tutorial
on how to do it.

Is there a  way to do this? Can some one point me to a tutorial.,
please?

I have tried some approaches: mingw, xmingw (cross-compiling from
Linux) and Python enthought edition (which is supposed to come
preconfigured to enable people to use Scipy tools, such as f2py)
Withouth success.

Anyone out there knows how to do this? Anyone from the Scipy dev team
care to document it?

Flávio