distutils on Windows with VC++ 8

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Sep 22 16:29:15 EDT 2006

Rob Williscroft schrieb:
> Download the 1.1 SDK:
>
> <url:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B3A2CA6-
> 3647-4070-9F41-A333C6B9181D&displaylang=en>
>
> yes it does have 90 odd megabytes of stuff you don't want but the C/C++
> compiler is in there.

That's yet another option. Somebody reported that the compiler in the
.NET SDK won't support generating optimized code, though. That's a
problem for some people.

> I think the VS 2003 toolkit is a framework for extending Visual Studio
> 2003, IOW a bunch of .NET dlls, some examples and a helpfile (no
> compiler).

I don't think so. It was (as it's no longer officially available) a
command-line only version of the compiler. In any case, it is
(or was) different from the .NET SDK.

Regards,
Martin