Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Oct 8 16:59:14 EDT 2006

Paul Boddie schrieb:
>> When SF is down, people sometimes send tracker items to
>> the pydev list instead, when means someone else (who?) has to put in the
>> tracker or it gets lost.
>
> According to Harald Armin Massa's PostgreSQL talk at EuroPython, the
> PostgreSQL people manage all their bugs via mailing lists. Given that
> trends in revision control point towards completely decentralised
> solutions, I wonder whether there's anything to learn from less
> centralised (or more flexible) approaches to bug management.

>From my experience with GCC, I can only report that this is definitely
not working. There used to be a mailing list bugs at gcc.gnu.org, and
reports got either answered immediately, or not at all. People who
thought they were responsible put the mails in some folder, and then
never found the time to come back. This is why I set up a bug tracker
for GCC.

Regards,
Martin