Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Oct 6 18:04:27 EDT 2006

Terry Reedy wrote:

> When SF is down, people sometimes send tracker items to
> the pydev list instead, when means someone else (who?) has to put in the
> tracker or it gets lost.

According to Harald Armin Massa's PostgreSQL talk at EuroPython, the
PostgreSQL people manage all their bugs via mailing lists. Given that
trends in revision control point towards completely decentralised
solutions, I wonder whether there's anything to learn from less
centralised (or more flexible) approaches to bug management.

Paul