Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Oct 6 06:02:02 EDT 2006

Ian Bicking wrote:

> It handles some other kinds of repositories now (bzr, I think?).  From
> what I understand fully abstracting out the repository format seems to
> still be a work in progress, but it is in progress and you can write
> repository plugins right now.

That covers Trac, but other projects probably need to get up to speed
with providing similar functionality, too. This is another case where
people should work together rather than developing an interoperability
layer specific to their own project. Certainly, the Bazaar APIs looked
like some kind of promising umbrella project for that kind of thing.

> Trac now includes a WSGI backend, and someone has written a WSGI
> backend for ViewVC (though I don't know if it is included with the
> project).
>
> Clearly you need to get on the WSGI bandwagon ;)

Hey, WebStack supports WSGI, too, you know. ;-)

Paul