Tkinter--does anyone use it for sophisticated GUI development?

Alexander Burger abu at software-lab.de
Fri Oct 20 04:20:49 EDT 2006

Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> There's a language called Picolisp in which this is the standard way
> to do a gui.  Picolisp includes a java applet that can do some stuff
> that standard html widgets can't.  These days I suppose it should use
> AJAX.

Yes, in fact it does.

The currently active "testing version"

   http://www.software-lab.biz/1024/?download&picoLisp.tgz

also has a plain HTML GUI, enhanced by XMLHttpRequests, in a way that it
works transparently in browsers with or without JavaScript enabled. We
are using it in all our current projects.

- Alex