OT: Sarcasm and irony

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Oct 11 04:07:19 EDT 2006

"Theerasak Photha" <hanumizzle at gmail.com> writes:

> I hate June. June sucks. Blindly following some Roman custom relating
> to Juno (the real reason why people have June weddings)

Well, our traditions and ceremonies in the anti-podes (thanks SteveH)
are very Euro-centric; but we still have our weddings in the hot
months of November through February, so Juno has nothing to do with
it. I think it's nothing more than the expectation that the weather
will be clear.

> I may be brown, but this time of the year in the Northern Hemisphere
> when the weather is chilly but not intolerable, and one can read by
> the moonlight is, OTOH, teh win.

Preach it, brother.

--
 \      "If you wish to strive for peace of soul, then believe; if you |
  `\       wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire."  -- Friedrich |