OT: Sarcasm and irony

Theerasak Photha hanumizzle at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 01:44:37 EDT 2006

On 10 Oct 2006 22:34:39 -0700, mensanator at aol.com <mensanator at aol.com> wrote:

> > Like Alanis Morisette said about the song "Isn't it Ironic":
> > What's ironic about the song is that it doesn't actually
> > contain any irony.
>
> Any? Don't people plan June weddings thinking the weather
> will be nice? And isn't one of the defintions of irony when
> things turn out the opposite of what you expect?

I hate June. June sucks. Blindly following some Roman custom relating
to Juno (the real reason why people have June weddings) + hot, humid
weather + completely impractical formal wear with a thick, unbreathing
layer of shirts and paper thin pants that never quite fit is teh sux.

I may be brown, but this time of the year in the Northern Hemisphere
when the weather is chilly but not intolerable, and one can read by
the moonlight is, OTOH, teh win.

-- Theerasak