OT: Sarcasm and irony

Theerasak Photha hanumizzle at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 04:13:21 EDT 2006

On 10/11/06, Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> "Theerasak Photha" <hanumizzle at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I hate June. June sucks. Blindly following some Roman custom relating
> > to Juno (the real reason why people have June weddings)
>
> Well, our traditions and ceremonies in the anti-podes (thanks SteveH)
> are very Euro-centric; but we still have our weddings in the hot
> months of November through February, so Juno has nothing to do with
> it. I think it's nothing more than the expectation that the weather
> will be clear.

I'm positive on very few things, but I am certain that the Western
wedding custom for favoring June has to do with Juno. (That and it's
Woden's Day here in EST time zone as I write.)

Back in those days, the Roman bride wore some kind of knotted leather
thingie to the wedding. Interesting...

-- Theerasak