who can give me the detailed introduction of re modle?

Fri May 19 12:28:00 EDT 2006

"softwindow" <softwindow at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1148017824.774335.321590 at j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> the re module is too large and difficult to study
>
> i need a detaild introduction.

Sorry, but your post just sounds too much like it's in the "I'm too lazy to
figure
this out for myself, just spoon-feed me the answer" category.

How do you know you need the re module?  Is there a particular problem you
are trying to solve?  Have you made any effort on your own before just
posting this open-ended request?  How did it go?

Is it possible that your problem could be solved with something less exotic,
perhaps some combination of str.find() and str.split()?  It may be simpler
to wield a rapier string function than to haul out the chainsaw of re's.

Yes, re's are mysterious and cryptic, and there is a whole cottage industry
of books and websites out there to help you compose your own special re
string, filled with '?'s, '.'s, '+'s, '*'s, and many, many '\'s.

Are you familiar with Google?  Try searching for, um, "Python re module" or
"Python regular expressions".  You are bound to find many pages of
introductory, intermediate, expert, exemplary, and diabolical material.

-- Paul