Problem with Tkinter on Mac OS X

Jean Richelle jean.richelle at ulb.ac.be
Sun May 14 23:06:11 EDT 2006

Hello,

I installed version 2.4.1 (and I tried also with 2.4.3) of Python
under 10.3.9 (and 10.4.6), and I trying to use Tkinter.  For
simplicity I'm testing the "hello world" that I found in the
documentation.
I first launch IDLE,  write (cut and paste from the web) the program
in an editing window, save it, and then run it. The window with two
buttons is displayed in the back of the IDLE window (and I cannot
bring it to the front), and there nothing happening when I click
either button.
Did anybody do a fresh install recently and can run program using
Tkinter ?

Jean