Starting/launching eric3

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at TOGLIunipex.it
Mon May 15 04:17:47 EDT 2006

Byte wrote:
> OK, now I've managed to get it working, but when I run it the eric3
> splash screen pops up, and then it says (in terminal):
>
> eoin at laptop:~$ eric3
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/site-python/eric3/eric3.py", line 147, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/lib/site-python/eric3/eric3.py", line 132, in main
>     mw = UserInterface(loc, splash)
>   File "/usr/lib/site-python/eric3/UI/UserInterface.py", line 265, in
> __init__
>     self.sbv = SBVviewer(dbs, self.sbvDock, 1)
>   File "/usr/lib/site-python/eric3/UI/SBVviewer.py", line 75, in
> __init__
>     self.stackComboBox.sizePolicy().hasHeightForWidth()))
> TypeError: argument 1 of QSizePolicy() has an invalid type
> Segmentation fault
> eoin at laptop:~$
>
> Its not ment to do that... how to make it work right??

Just happen on my costumer ubuntu (and an old eric3 release).
I have solve it downloading the last (3.9.x if I remember correctly)
from eric3 home and overwrite the site-packages/eric directory. Now all
work great.

>  -- /usr/bin/byte

Michele