Using python for a CAD program

63q2o4i02 at sneakemail.com 63q2o4i02 at sneakemail.com
Wed May 17 12:40:25 EDT 2006

Hi,

Actually, I've wondered about using a custom-rolled binary or
text-based database, vs. something that uses the OpenEDA standard, vs a
'real' database like sql.  I guess my impression is that something like
SQL is not designed for something as multi-... uh, dimensional? as an
EE design.  Perhaps it would be good for just storing the data, but can
it also store relationships or other meta-things besides the raw
literalness of a design?  I'd imagine it can store arbitrary binary
data, but then what's the advantage over a custom binary file?  If the
application provides a nice API for geting into its custom binary file,
then what's the problem?

ms