Using python for a CAD program

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue May 16 20:17:34 EDT 2006

baalbek <rcs at bgoark.no> writes:

> If you really want to revolutionize the CAD business, PLEASE don't
> base your CAD system on a file based system (ala Autocad).
>
> CAD systems available today (Autocad, Archicad, Architectural
> Desktop, etc) have one huge flaw: they don't store data to a SQL
> database, but to binary files.

Using Python 2.5, one could store (and distribute to others) the data
in a binary file that *is* an SQL database:

    <URL:http://docs.python.org/dev/lib/module-sqlite3.html>

--
 \               "I was sleeping the other night, alone, thanks to the |
  `\                                    exterminator."  -- Emo Philips |