which windows python to use?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri May 12 12:44:53 EDT 2006

Don Taylor wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>
>>In what way? Does the mingw gcc that we distribute interfere with Cygwin's gcc?
>
> Robert:
>
> Which C compiler will you be using for the Enthought 2.4 Windows release?

Define "using". We build Python with whatever compiler the official build is
compiled with. In this case, MSVC 7.<mumble>, I think . For this release, we
will ship the latest available gcc available for mingw. Some of the extension
modules will be built with this gcc.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."