Is there no end to Python?

Kamilche klachemin at comcast.net
Sat Mar 18 13:19:03 EST 2006

Heheh, that sounds about right. :-D

I personally haven't used the new stuff yet.  Maybe I'm not experienced
enough in Python yet to have encountered the need for them. I've played
with them some, but every time I consider using them, something stops
me. What stops me from using 'setattr' (an old feature), is that it
doesn't fire when a person changes an element of a list... not very
intuitive. What stops me from using properties, is seeing how
populating a dict using the update method wipes them out... again, not
intuitive to me. List comprehensions - REALLY unnecessary. Only handy
if you belong to the 'Likes to impress people with small amounts of
arcane code' crowd. Sets - when I played with them, they were slower
than doing the equivalent code with dicts. It's got to be a reliable,
compelling feature, before I'll add it to my arsenal.