Write a GUI for a python script?

Bill Maxwell bill_maxwell_notMyRealAddress at notreal.net
Sun Mar 5 17:50:48 EST 2006

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 13:08:35 -0500, "Peter Decker" <pydecker at gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 3/4/06, Bill Maxwell <bill_maxwell_notMyRealAddress at notreal.net> wrote:
>
>> Dabo does look really nice, but seems like it has a ways to go yet.
>>
>> I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago, and the very first thing I wanted
>> to do doesn't seem to be supported.  I tried to create a simple
>> application with a Notebook control inside a frame.  The Notebook
>> control doesn't appear to be supported yet.
>>
>> Is that right, or am I just not looking in the right places?
>
>It's fully supported. Their generic term for these paged controls is a
>'pageframe', so a wx.Notebook is their dPageFrame class; wx.Listbook
>is their dPageList class; wx.Choicebook is their dPageSelect, and they
>also have a page control with no tabs called (gasp!) dPageFrameNoTabs.
>One thing that they've done is pick names for classes and properties
>that are the most common for all toolkits instead of blindly following
>the wx names.
>
>All of these classes have the same interface, and respond to the same
>events. IOW, they've unified these different classes so that they have
>a single API, making working with them much easier.

Thanks for the info.  Knowing that, I was able to create a simple app in
the Dabo Designer that contains a Notebook.

But, I'm having a heck of a time finding any documentation at all on
Dabo.  I looked all thru the website(s), and have combed the Dabo
software package itself.

Either I'm doing something wrong, or documentation is pretty sparse for
Dabo.

What little info I could find on the Dabo Wiki seems pretty old.  I also
watched the two Sizer videos, but there's not enough info there to learn
much.

I read somewhere that they are concentrating on the User Interface
designer instead of the database aspects.  The GUI maker is what I'm
interested in using, not the rest.  I don't want to code the GUI
manually.  Do you know where I can find more information on the
Designer?

Thanks,

Bill