Write a GUI for a python script?

Peter Decker pydecker at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 13:08:35 EST 2006

On 3/4/06, Bill Maxwell <bill_maxwell_notMyRealAddress at notreal.net> wrote:

> Dabo does look really nice, but seems like it has a ways to go yet.
>
> I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago, and the very first thing I wanted
> to do doesn't seem to be supported.  I tried to create a simple
> application with a Notebook control inside a frame.  The Notebook
> control doesn't appear to be supported yet.
>
> Is that right, or am I just not looking in the right places?

It's fully supported. Their generic term for these paged controls is a
'pageframe', so a wx.Notebook is their dPageFrame class; wx.Listbook
is their dPageList class; wx.Choicebook is their dPageSelect, and they
also have a page control with no tabs called (gasp!) dPageFrameNoTabs.
One thing that they've done is pick names for classes and properties
that are the most common for all toolkits instead of blindly following
the wx names.

All of these classes have the same interface, and respond to the same
events. IOW, they've unified these different classes so that they have
a single API, making working with them much easier.

--

# p.d.