Newbie: splitting dictionary definition across two .py files

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Mar 31 18:00:41 EST 2006

"Karthik Gurusamy" <kar1107 at gmail.com> writes:

> Ben Finney wrote:
>> That sounds like a very confusing architecture, and smells very
>> much like some kind of premature optimisation. What leads you to
>> that design? It's very likely a better design can be suggested to
>> meet your actual requirements.
>
> So effectively I'm writing a python script as a poor man's make file.
> [...]
> I'm not really worried about optimizations at this time; just want a
> cleaner solution to my problem.

There is SCons, a much-improved build system written in Python, that
may interest you.

    <URL:http://www.scons.org/>

The build configurations are written in Python, so it seems to be
quite similar to what you're currently working toward.

--
 \         "The reward of energy, enterprise and thrift is taxes."  -- |
  `\                                                   William Feather |