Newbie: splitting dictionary definition across two .py files

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Mar 30 20:47:12 EST 2006

kar1107 at gmail.com writes:

> I'm fairly new to python. I like to define a big dictionary in two
> files and use it my main file, build.py
>
> I want the definition to go into build_cfg.py and build_cfg_static.py.

That sounds like a very confusing architecture, and smells very much
like some kind of premature optimisation. What leads you to that
design? It's very likely a better design can be suggested to meet your
actual requirements.

--
 \     "If you can't annoy somebody there is little point in writing." |
  `\                                                  -- Kingsley Amis |