New to Python: Do we have the concept of Hash in Python?

Ten runlevelten at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 04:58:42 EDT 2006

On Friday 02 June 2006 13:07, Piet van Oostrum wrote:

> >AM> This is my 1st day that I am seriously diving into Python and I have
> >AM> to finish this application by the end of today.
>
> Are you serious?
> --
> Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
> Private email: piet at vanoostrum.org

It's not that unfeasible - I can think of a few instances off the top of my head where
management have read something in a magazine or heard something in conversation, then
come in full of vim and vigour the next day - telling people to create item X using buzzword
technology Y by the end of the day, the week or whatever, despite the devs having never seen it,
despite the timescale being insufficient, and despite there being *real* work to do.

Even if it's just because they want to see it, or to impress other management types with their
use of the latest "trend", I believe the best response is to just get on with it.
Self-preservation and all that.

Even so, the idea of using python across the company is actually a very sensible one, so I expect
it's programmer's enthusiasm fuelling things in this case.

--
There are 10 types of people in this world,