Tiddlywiki type project in Python?

bruno at modulix onurb at xiludom.gro
Wed Jun 14 09:11:04 EDT 2006

jkn wrote:
> Hi all
>     I'm trying out, and in general finding really useful, the various
> TiddlyWiki variants that I guess many people here know about, for
> organising my activities in a GTD way. One mild annoyance is in the
> speed of the Javascript applications. I fancy having a go at writing
> something like this for myself, where update speed would be a higher
> priority.
>
> I don't know Javascript (although it looks moderately simple from a
> brief peruse,

It's not as simple as it may seem at first look. There are some real
gotchas. But if you want a more pythonic javascript, you should have a
look at mochikit.

> and I know enough languages to know I'll be able to pick
> it up); however I do know and use Python, although not nuch in a
> web-oriented way. Since unlike JS, python is at least pre-compiled, I
> have hopes that this would make things quicker. I do appreciate that JS
> is built into the browser, which might make my Python approach slower.
> I'm not sure of the 'architectural' approach to this; any suggestions,
> and maybe pointers to previous work?

I don't really understand what you're after here, since TiddlyWikiLikes
can *not* work without javascript.

Anyway, there's at least a Zope-based TiddlyWikiLike, so you may want to
have a look here:
http://ziddlywiki.org/

HTH
--