to py or not to py ?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 04:11:54 EDT 2006

Chandrashekhar kaushik wrote:
> okay
> so much for a few spelling errors and abbreviations used by me !!
> we are losing the main point !
> i had a look at mercurial . It deals with SCM . I am typically
> looking at an application thats to deal with geometry data ( tetras ) ,
> process millions of them and may be process them repeatedly ( iterative ).
> It would basically involve client-server operations to first distribute data
> over a computing network and then send requests to process the data
> at the various nodes that contain the data.

I do essentially the same thing (only with pickles of constructive solid
geometry definitions).

> it is going to be multi-threaded.

... because?

> Carl , what are the problems that could arise with threading ??

An old, but still relevant overview is here:

   http://www.softpanorama.org/People/Ousterhout/Threads/index.shtml

A good event-driven framework for Python is Twisted. It's what I use for the
program I mention above.

   http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/

--
Robert Kern