new python icons for windows

Istvan Albert istvan.albert at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 22:52:36 EDT 2006

and-google at doxdesk.com wrote:

> > For example it resembles the icon for text files.
>
> This is intentional: to make it obvious that .py files are the
> readable, editable scripts, contrasting with .pyc's binary gunk -

I think this is a mistake, it does not seem obious, all it does is just
 blends in and does not separate the python files from regular text
files.

As I said before I think your icons are neat, the design is clean and
it looks very professional. Unfortunately, in my experience, this
design  did not allow me to easily pick out the python files from the
text files. Also the black icons for pyc files are far more visible and
stand out much more than the white ones. If anything I wish the pyc had
no icons at all or was invisible, I mean how often do you need to do
any work with pyc files...