new python icons for windows

chowychow at gmail.com chowychow at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 12:26:35 EDT 2006

Istvan Albert wrote:
> and-google at doxdesk.com wrote:
>
> > > For example it resembles the icon for text files.
> >
> > This is intentional: to make it obvious that .py files are the
> > readable, editable scripts, contrasting with .pyc's binary gunk -
>
> I think this is a mistake, it does not seem obious, all it does is just
>  blends in and does not separate the python files from regular text
> files.
>
> Also the black icons for pyc files are far more visible and
> stand out much more than the white ones. If anything I wish the pyc had
> no icons at all or was invisible, I mean how often do you need to do
> any work with pyc files...

I agree with those points after trying out the icons.  Something about
the icons seems blurry (perhaps it's the yellow snake with the poorly
visible white eye.  Or it could be the paper that doesn't seem to have
enough contrast on the top (I have white background behind them.)  To
my eyes, the pyc stick out also.  I almost want to swap the two since
the pyc files look so striking.

I do like the egg icons very much.

Good work!
-Kevin Deenanauth