OT Re: getaddrinfo not found on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5

David Reed dreedmac at columbus.rr.com
Fri Jul 21 17:58:53 EDT 2006

On Jul 21, 2006, at 4:20 PM, Steve M wrote:

> In case you haven't heard Microsoft is suing SCO for stealing his
> Internet concepts and letters and numbers, so you should probably just
> ditch OpenServer and get Debian like all the smart people have done.
>
> I guess the quality of SCO software has declined over the last
> forty or
> fifty years and they had to have David Boies compile libsocket and
> that
> is probably why this broken symbol problem is happenig.
>
> I'm sorry if you cannot switch from the SCO platform, in which case
> this message may not be very helpful. Have a nice day!

This is way off-topic, but it's SCO that is suing IBM and IBM
countersuing SCO. It appears that Microsoft was helping bankroll
SCO's lawsuit. If you want to see how it's going, look at a graph of
the SCOX (the ticker symbol) stock price since 2003 (paying close
attention to the more recent price as the judge has started ruling on
discovery issues). It was in 2003 when they started claiming everyone
using Linux owed them money and they sued IBM for billions of
dollars. Also see groklaw.net if you really want to know more about
it. In the interest of full disclosure, I made money shorting SCOX
stock from mid 2003 to mid 2004 (borrowed and sold at $11, bought
back at $5).

Dave