getaddrinfo not found on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5

edcdave at gmail.com edcdave at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 14:23:02 EDT 2006

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> edcdave at gmail.com wrote:
> > 1) I've seen mention of native vs. Python getaddrinfo implementations.
> > If that's true, how can I force the program to use the Python one?
> >
> > 2) Is there an option to not use the BSD Library function?
> >
> > 3) Finally, is there a trick to searching for shared libaries?
>
> There is an autoconf test to determine whether getaddrinfo is
> available on the system. You should study that test to find out
> why it thinks the function is available when it is actually not.
> If you can't do that, you can manually edit pyconfig.h to
> change the outcome of configure.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try it July 24 when I am back in
the office.

I've dug into it further and, on the surface, it appears that IPv6 was
identified as available when the binary was built for OSR 5. IPv6 is
not available for OSR5, so the binary was built on OSR 6 and
mislabeled, or the autoconf test failed.

Thanks again, Martin, for the relevant reply,
Dave Harris